Comcast RISE Awards Over 700 Black-Owned, Businesses
Listen to article
Comcast Rise Multi-year Program Opens Eligibility to Small Businesses Owned by Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA) announced the first round of Comcast RISE award recipients —over 700 businesses will receive consulting, media and creative production services from Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, or technology upgrades from Comcast Business, based on the specific needs.
Comcast RISE (Representation, Investment, Strength and Empowerment), focused on U.S. Black-owned, small businesses, which were hit hardest by the pandemic according to a recent study from the National Bureau of Economic Research.Apply for Next Phase
Comcast RISE brings together two of the company’s brands —Comcast Business and Effectv, both with expertise in the small business space to empower business owners with the expertise and resources needed to navigate the economic effects of the pandemic.
“We created Comcast RISE to partner with small businesses and give them access to tools to help them survive the pandemic and thrive. As we’ve gone through the selection process, it’s been so powerful to hear these business owners’ stories and see the tangible ways that we can help grow their businesses and impact their communities,” said Teresa Ward-Maupin, SVP for Digital and Customer Experience at Comcast Business. “I could not be more pleased to open this program to the entire BIPOC community and continue this positive momentum.”
Comcast RISE Consists of the Following Components
- A media and technology resources program: This pillar combines Effectv’s renowned media platform and marketing expertise, its award-winning creative agency, Mnemonic, and state-of-the-art technical support from Comcast Business to help small businesses foster and elevate growth. Recipients will receive help with their marketing, media campaigns, and creation of 30-second commercials, as well as equipment and technology upgrades, including:
- Consulting: Advertising and marketing consultations with local Effectv marketing, research, and creative teams to gain insights on how to grow your business.
- Media: A linear TV media campaign to run over a 90-day period.
- Creative Production: Turnkey :30 TV commercial production for their businesses.
- Technology Makeovers: Computer equipment and Internet, Voice and Cybersecurity services for up to a 12-month period. (Taxes and other fees may still apply for tech makeover services.)
- Business resources to help with curated content: Comcast has launched the Comcast RISE destination complete with aggregated small business news, tips, insights, and more on the X1 platform. The destination is designed to help businesses grow by empowering them through education, inspiration, and entertainment. Just say “Comcast RISE” into the X1 voice remote.
- Grants: In early 2021, Comcast will be awarding grants of up to $10,000 each for U.S.-based small and diverse businesses that have been in operations for three to five years.
Comcast RISE is part of a larger $100 million Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiative that Comcast launched this summer.Apply for Next Phase